If you have the hobby of gardening then you must own a garden hose. While using a hose reel, you may wonder how to keep this hose reel in an organized manner. The best way to tuck away a hose is using a hose reel. It will coil up the hose and will protect it from mud, dirt, or stains. This is exactly why you need one portable hose reel. There are numerous varieties of hose reels for gardens with different specifications and are locally available in the market. Here is a list of basic information that you need to know about a hose reel. Let’s get started.
How do you roll a garden hose without a reel?
Generally, hose reels are too long to handle. If you start coiling up a long hose without proper techniques, it will lead to a mess. It is very natural to wonder how to roll up a hose easily, without any trouble. So, presenting you with a small and easy guide that will help you to roll up a garden hose without a reel. Here are a few steps:
- First, ensure there is no water flow and turn off the water tap or water source.
- Pull the hose straight to ensure there are no kinks and twists.
- Grab a firm hold of the hose 1 to 2 meters away from the water source. It is better if you put this end downhill. It will drain off any remaining water inside the hose.
- Bend the hose into a large loop. Coil the hose in a particular direction either clockwise or anticlockwise. It will make your coiling convenient.
- Move 40 to 50 centimeters away from the water source and form another loop. This will ensure coiling around a large diameter and will keep your hose in its original shape.
- Stack this loop on top of the first loop. Repeat this until the entire length of the loop is covered.
Why do you need a portable hose reel?
Hose reels are of many types. Spending on the purpose of the work to be accomplished, a hole reel serves its importance. A portable hose reel is something that is either attached to a cart or a wagon or a truck. It is easily transportable and lightweight. This mobility is essential for numerous applications.
- It serves a crucial purpose in the yard by keeping things neat and clean. The reel protects the hose from elements like grime and dirt.
- When a hose reel is not in use, it can be stored easily as it can be rolled up and transported easily. It enables the owners who do not want of decorating the house and using the reel only in certain cases.
- Coiling up the hose in a reel mitigates the chance of bends and kinks in the hose which will prevent damage to the lining of the hose.
- A portable hose reel also comes with an option of wall affixing. This will allow you to affix the reel onto an external wall in your house. This will keep the hose fixed and will provide shelter from direct sunlight or bad weather. It also provides safety to your house from theft.
- In winter seasons, the hose reel can wheel quickly into the space and can protect the hose from freezing damage. Selecting the portable hose reel will help you to contribute towards your enjoyment of the garden place.
How to use portable hose reel?
Hose reels provide a spindle design that keeps your whole hose coiled up neatly. Most of the host reel operates via a hand crank. Few come with an automated pulley system. Install the hose properly in the portable reel by following the instructions. Connect the main hose pipe to the water source. Then pull the other side of the hose pipe to your convenient position and turn on the water source. This is the basic working of hose reels. Using a portable hose reel is easy enough after proper installation.
Buy portable hose reel on Amazon
If you love gardening then you need to understand the basic things about hose reels. This article includes all the necessary information about a portable hose reel along with its purpose. With this very information, you can easily start working with a hose reel.
Head of Content @NotJustType I am a shopaholic and I am here to use my shopping experience and life skill to share to everyone. If you have any question for life, home, garden, you can let me know!
Share this article
Subscribe for weekly updates