- Types of generator covers
- What do you need to consider and how to pick the best generator cover for your own?
- Top 4 best generator covers in 2021
- --1.GenTent 10k Generator Tent Running Cover
- --2.Generator Cover Waterproof
- --3.Porch Shield Waterproof Universal Generator Cover
- --4.NUPICK 32-inch Generator Cover
Generator covers are necessary for construction, manufacturing, and mining, where generators might be in use. They are also used in public areas near a source of frequent power surges or exposed to hues that can damage them. Moreover, they can protect generator exhausts and help stop sparks from flying away. While most generators have their cover, some require additional equipment or other forms of protection for optimal safety and security against theft.
Types of generator covers
The generator tent often is overlooked, but it is an essential accessory. It’s critical to choose the right one so that it protects the generator without hindering its operation.
There are two types of generator covers:
- Storage covers, which are for protecting the generator when it’s not in use.
- Operational covers, which preserve the generator while it’s running.
You can’t go wrong with either storage or operational covers designed for open-frame generators or closed-frame generators. Closed-frame generators have housing surrounding the generator motor and other internal workings, whereas an open-frame generator’s internal parts are exposed to the elements.
Open frames are good at cooling down the generator and around it. They act as a buffer between the generator and external interruptions or hues. They are also ideal for open-passage areas too. The open frame is easy to install but not as rust-resistant or long-lasting as other types of covers. These types of covers are fundamental in public areas that might be affected by hues from the surrounding areas around them.
These are finely made and are highly resistant to rust. They feature a completely enclosed design making them resistant to the elements and even dust. They can be easily found online if you want to buy them for your generator.
The most common type of cover used on both open- and closed-frame generators is the standard weatherproof cover. These covers usually consist of four panels: top, bottom, front, and back. The top panel has vents so that air can flow through the cover during normal operations. This allows heat generated by the engine to escape as well as allowing cool outside air into the interior of the unit – a gasket seals around the perimeter of the opening between the top and bottom panels.
The second type of cover is called a “vented” cover. Venting helps prevent moisture from entering the generator enclosure. It also provides more ventilation than a non-vented cover. Vented covers typically include three panels: top, middle, and bottom. They’re often made out of aluminum because they provide better protection against corrosion than steel.
Ventilated covers may be single-piece units or multi-piece units. Single-piece ventilated covers are constructed entirely of metal and feature an integral frame. Multi-piece ventilated covers are composed of several pieces, including a base plate, sidewalls, and end caps. Both styles offer excellent protection against rain, snow, and wind damage. However, if you live where there is heavy precipitation year-round, then a vented cover might be your best bet.
Another option is a plastic cover. Plastic covers are available in many different shapes and sizes. Most generators are compatible with plastic covers, although some have specific dimensions that impede machine-type covers.
Hinged covers are very easy to install and remove. They can last longer than the hinges and pivot points used to make them functional. The hinged ones can be opened, using the hinges, to a 45-degree angle and then be folded to form a manageable rectangle. Hinges are prone to rust but can still last for several years even while exposed directly to the elements.
These covers are very easy to install but rely on keeping the generator panel in place. There are no hinges or fasteners used. It can be locked into place or rolled down when not in use. They are usually made to cover all three panels instead of only the front panel. The sliding type is great if you want a maximum security cover since it protects against theft and tampering with panel covers and switches.
Some generators require additional equipment or other forms of protection for optimal safety & protection against theft. Gas-powered generators have exhaust vents that need to be removed before they can be protected with a standard cover. A “windscreen” is added to the back of the generator cover for this purpose.
What do you need to consider and how to pick the best generator cover for your own?
There are so many different types of covers available in the market. It can be tough to choose the best one for your needs. First of all, you have to think about the type of generator yourself. Some generators are portable, while others are fixed units, either on a platform or on the ground. It would be best if you considered the following aspects.
Size of your generator
You should choose the right size to fit your generator because you can’t have them all at once. But you can have the right one that will fit your generator well. A too big cover may be wind-blown and lead to the generator malfunctioning or moving away from its original position. If you choose a portable generator, you should get a cover that fits it well and allows easy access to what you need to get.
Type of cover
Look for the right cover for your generator. You have various types of generator covers that you can choose from; each one of them has its benefits and features. You have to get a cover resistant to the harsh weather outside and will protect it well. Depending on your area, you need to get a cover that can withstand whichever amount of rain, snow, or wind it encounters on a daily basis. Some covers are more durable than others, like the type made from stainless steel or aluminum.
Your generator is a very important thing in your place, and you have to make sure that it is well protected at all times. Don’t just get any cover. If you want your generator to be safe, you need to look for the right type of cover that can protect it from theft as well as other things. Security comes in many forms, including locking mechanisms and self-locking features. You need to find the one that will fit your needs.
Covers are also made to be resistant to the weather. They protect your generator from the cold, wet, and any other kind of weather conditions you may face on a daily basis. If you want to make sure that your generator is protected at all times, you need to get a cover that is resistant to harsh elements such as rain, snow, and wind.
You need something durable when it comes to covers for generators. You have to think about how long your generator will last and what you want to get. Let’s say that you want a cover that is supposed to last for years so you need something that can resist the weather. You need to think about the lifetime of the generator and how your needs are.
Covers can be quite easy or difficult, depending on their intended use. You should choose the easy and practical one for your generator without any trouble because it will benefit you in many ways. You can choose the one that is easy and fast to install and uninstall instead of struggling with the installation.
You have to think about your budget when you buy a cover. You need to find a cover within your range so you won’t spend more money than you can afford. If you want, you can choose one that is more expensive but worth it for your needs.
Top 4 best generator covers in 2021
Many systems run on generator power. The problem is that if the generator breaks down, you won’t be able to use the systems. Generators in themselves are pretty reliable. However, it is essential to protect them from the weather as well. Once you protect them from the weather, you won’t face any major issues.
To protect them from the weather, you need to cover them. There are numerous generator covers available like Generac generator covers, but you need to go with the best. Today, we will share with you the four best generator covers so that you can easily protect your generators.
1. GenTent 10k Generator Tent Running Cover
The highlight of this portable generator cover is that it is suitable for generators producing between 3000 W to 10,000 W of power. It is perfect for such portable generators. You get to choose between 2 different color options as well. These features certainly make it worth buying. Apart from that as well, it has a lot to offer.
- The cover can protect the generator from any element of weather. Whether you’re dealing with the wind, ice, snow, or rain, it can protect the generator from all of them and more.
- The universal size ensures that it is suitable for generators between 76 inches to 104 inches. That way, you won’t have to worry about size issues.
- Also, the design of the generator cover is such that it can shed the water away. That is why the electrical areas of the generator are entirely safe.
- The patented design means that the protection is excellent. Apart from that, the patented design also ensures that there is proper airflow. That way, it can keep the generator cool. You can efficiently operate the generator when it is covered.
- The design is such that you can easily connect the various accessories while the generator is covered as well.
- Universal size
- Available in 2 color options
- Excellent weather protection
- Patented design keeps the generator cool
- Sheds the water away
- Finishing can be better
2. Generator Cover Waterproof
The highlight of this generator cover is the 600 D polyester material which it consists of. Apart from this, it has many different features. The material can provide you with protection as well as weather protection. That is why; you will be able to use this cover throughout the year.
- The size of the cover is such that it is suitable for generators from 7000 W to 10,000 W. The exact dimensions are 32″ x 24″ x 24″. Not only that, there are numerous size options and two color options available. That is why; it is available for almost every generator.
- The water protection ensures that you can use it in the rainy season. Apart from that, it provides protection against as well as UV rays.
- With the help of accessories like Velcro straps, buckle straps, etc., the cover will always remain in place. That is why; you won’t have to worry about installing it on the generator again and again. These accessories also make it easy to use.
- The cover has an air Vent means that the generator can remain cool. That is why; you will be able to operate it when it is covered as well efficiently.
- There is a handle as well. The handle allows you to carry it. You can fold the cover from one side, which ensures that you can access the generator.
- Easy to keep in place
- Available in 2 color options
- Numerous size options are available
- 600 D polyester material
- Handle design can be better
3. Porch Shield Waterproof Universal Generator Cover
With five different color options available, you have plenty of choices when going with this one. Not only that, there are four different size options available. That is why buying the one which suits your generator perfectly is undoubtedly possible. Without taking a look at its other features, choosing this generator cover is a mistake.
- The material is 600 D polyester which is quite durable. It is water-resistant in its regard. However, it has a coating as well. That is why the water resistance increases.
- The Velcro on the side ensures that installing the cover and removing it is easy. If you want to access the generator from one side, you can do that as well.
- To keep the cover in place, you get elastic straps as well as bottom straps. That is why, even in high winds, the cover will remain in place.
- The cover’s design is such that it can protect the generator against UV rays, dust, wind, snow, and even rain.
- Available in numerous size and color options
- Easy to install and remove
- Velcro can be of better quality
4. NUPICK 32-inch Generator Cover
The all-season design of this generator cover is the reason why it is on our list. However, apart from that, it has a lot to offer.
- It is compatible with generators between 5000 W to 10,000 W. The exact dimensions are 24″ x 32″ x 24″.
- The 600 D heavy-duty cover ensures that it is long-lasting. It does not suffer from frequent wear and tear.
- The elastic strap, as well as the buckle, keeps it in place in windy conditions. Also, you won’t have to worry about water getting inside the generator due to the same.
- The design is such that it will cover the air Vent, which means that you will eliminate moisture buildup. That way, the generator can operate consistently even when you keep the cover on.
- Excellent weather protection
- Heavy-duty construction
- Efficiently designed
- Suitable for 4 season use
- Packaging needs improvement
The best generator cover is the one that will protect your generator against theft and other things. You can choose the right one for your needs. You have to make sure that the inbuilt features are quite durable and can withstand all weather conditions outside. It is vital to make sure that you choose the right generator cover type so there will be no problem with it in the future. The material used also matters when selecting a cover for your generator, so it will not break easily.
Thus, when looking for generator covers, these four will fulfill your requirements. If you end up choosing any substandard one out of these 4, your generator is at risk. However, once you decide between these 4, you can be sure that you’re going with the best generator covers.
High Pressure Water Hose Guide
Contents Can You Use a Normal Hose for a Pressure Washer? Does Hose Diameter Affect Pressure? How do I make my garden hose high pressure?
What Is High Pressure Hose Used For?
Contents What is high pressure hose used for? How much PSI do I need to clean my driveway? What PSI is best for washing cars?
Rechargeable Hot Water Bottles Guide
Contents Are rechargeable hot water-bottles safe? How often should you change your hot water-bottle? How long does a rechargeable hot-water bottle last? How do Electric
Will A Heating Pad Ruin A Memory Foam Mattress?
Contents What is a Heat Mattress? Will a Heating Pad Ruin a Memory Foam Mattress? Buy Heating Pad on Amazon Conclusion One of the things
How Do You Clean A Suckle Portable Bottle Warmer?
Contents How does a suckle bottle warmer work? Do I need a bottle warmer if breastfeeding? How do you clean a suckle portable bottle warmer?
3 Tips for Take Care Lawn You Need to Know
Contents Is It Better To Water Lawn in the Morning or at Night? How Many Days a Week Should You Water Your Lawn? Should You
Head of Content @NotJustType I am a shopaholic and I am here to use my shopping experience and life skill to share to everyone. If you have any question for life, home, garden, you can let me know!
Share this article
Subscribe for weekly updates